java

Old 27-04-2012, 04:25

Default Outage..

I noticed in the Maintenance forum that there has been an outage for the last two days. I have 2 separate probes (for two separate companies) and neither one of them appear to be working. Is anyone else having any problems?
Old 29-04-2012, 00:20

Still having issues.. for example, the one account "itdept" is currently seeing the servers from the other account "thcampbell". And if I click on any of the detail information for either one nothing ever comes back.

Suggestions?
Old 29-04-2012, 08:10
Administrator

Dear thcampbell,

I'm sorry to hear you are seeing login problems. We fixed the login problems yesterday.

We just checked and verified that your hosts are logging statistics with our monitoring service, for both your accounts. So data is being collected OK.

Just to cross off the potential issues: Can you please let me know that you can log in to the forum OK with both accounts?

If you are using two accounts with Java-monitor, you may briefly see hosts from the other account. We set an extra, short-lived session cookie that is used for the forum integration. Logging out from the forum does not clear the extra session cookie from the monitoring tool.

Please know that this is limited to your browser only. It does not mean that anyone else can see the data from your host.

Just to make sure that you are indeed seeing this problem: Can you please clear all cookies for our domain (Java-monitor.com) between the logins? This should separate the accounts properly.

If you could spare a few minutes to try out these suggests that would be very helpful.

Kees Jan

PS. Based on this report we narrowed the criteria for setting the extra session cookie, which should make this problem even shorter lived. Assuming you are actually seeing this problem, of course.
Old 29-04-2012, 18:44

Kees,

Yes, I believe you know what the problem is. I logged in and didn't have a problem. I thought I might resolve it by going incognito in Chrome and log into the other account. I was able to view the other account but then the first account I was receiving the "You are not authorized" message.

I can fairly resolve it by just using two computers I think. Yesterday I wasn't getting statistics of any kind but I am today. I think I can work around it.

Thomas
Old 29-04-2012, 19:08
Forum Operator

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to test this for us.

I use two browsers for such cases. It's not ideal, I am afraid. Most people I know simply use one account and have all their hosts there, with the company name in the host name.

In case others need to see the hosts, you can use our friend sharing feature. That way your coworkers can look at the company hosts without seeing your personal ones. Not sure that would be a solution for your case, though.

Again, sorry for the problems. Hope they did not cause problems for you in turn.

Kees Jan