java
Java-Monitor Forum > Forum > Java Administration » New feature: allow your friends to look at your server statistics

Old 06-07-2010, 20:29
Forum Operator

Default New feature: allow your friends to look at your server statistics

Dear All,

You can now share the statistics of your hosts with your buddies on Java-monitor. They cannot change them, but they can look over your shoulder when there is something strange going on. Or they can keep an eye on your machines while you are on the road.

So, how do you make this work?

First, make your buddy a friend on Java-monitor.com's forum. Then e-mail them a link to the host you would like to look at.

To make someone a buddy on Java-monitor, ask them for their Java-monitor user ID. Then go to http://java-monitor.com/forum/profile.php?do=buddylist to add them as a buddy. It is sufficient that you add them as a buddy. They do not have to accept to be able to see your hosts.

To e-mail a link to the host you would like them to look at, simply copy the host's URL from your browser's URL bar. Then paste that URL into an e-mail. That's it. Your buddy will be asked to log into Java-monitor.com and he or she can then look at the host information.

I hope you find this feature useful. Let me know what you think.

Kees Jan
Old 19-07-2010, 12:25
Forum Operator

Dear All,

I just noticed that I forgot to mention the most important part: you have this feature thanks to user guus. He was kind enough to help me write the code for allowing friends to look at your hosts.

Incidentally, you an also look at a friend's hosts by looking up their member page. That will give you an overview of all of your buddies hosts. Just find him on the front page and click on hist name to go to his member page.

Guus: thank you for your help.

Kees Jan