Java is liked by many
Java was first released in 1995 by Sun Microsystems. It’s widely used in areas like scientific computers and cell phones to even game consoles. The main promise of Java is “write once, run everywhere”. It’s achieved by compiling code to bytecode that can run on a Java virtual machine (JVM). JVM can run on any computer achitecture.
- Scala 2.13 overhauls collections, improves the standard library
- Java Magazine on Containers
- Google: Use Kotlin for new Android apps
- OpenJDK proposal takes aim at verbose Java syntax
- Java tip: Composite keys in JPA and Hibernate
- Java tip: Inheritance relationships in JPA and Hibernate
- Java Magazine on Lightweight Frameworks
- 30 New Java Champions Confirmed in 2018
- Using JShell with NetBeans
- Java Magazine New Edition: Java Present and Future
Since May 2007, Java is licensed under GNU General Public License.