Java is liked by many
Java was first released in 1995 by Sun Microsystems. It’s widely used in areas like scientific computers and cell phones to even game consoles. The main promise of Java is “write once, run everywhere”. It’s achieved by compiling code to bytecode that can run on a Java virtual machine (JVM). JVM can run on any computer achitecture.
- Java on Container Like A Pro
- Java and the New Duke Personality
- Is Java the next COBOL?
- Java is alive at Oracle Code One!
- Work begins on Java 14
- Ruby on Rails 6.0 adds rich text capabilities
- Open source has never been stronger
- 13 free tools for API design, development, and testing
- 2019 Duke's Choice Award Nominations
- Java Magazine on Containers
Since May 2007, Java is licensed under GNU General Public License.